Benefits of using a Himalayan Salt Sauna
What is a HIMALAYAN SALT SAUNA and HALOTHERAPY?
New Life Spa Wellness Center offers a far-infrared sauna lined with Himalayan salt. WHY? When the Himalayan Salt is heated it causes the air in the sauna to be saturated with negative ions providing a relaxing, de-stressing spa treatment. Not to mention the far-infrared rays of the sauna penetrate the tissue to the bone and bring relief to aching joints and muscles along with detoxing the body through the sweat glands.
Halotherapy is the breathing in of this salted air to help produce health benefits.
Himalayan salt is loaded with non-invasive and entirely natural micro-elements such as:
- Calcium - body resistance, nervous system, bone system
- Iodine - anti-sclerotic effect, normalizes fat transformation in the body and protects against radiation.
- Iron - a cure for anemia, improves muscle strength and concentration, reduces susceptibility to infection.
- Sodium - supports acid-alkaline balance in the body, osmotic pressure and cell energetics.
- Bromine - lowers blood pressure, regulates the nervous system.
- Trace elements Potassium, Magnesium, Copper, Selenium and more
Basking in salt rooms is an alternative therapy for people with chronic respiratory and skin problems and is modeled after the salt caves and spas that originated in Eastern Europe more than 200 years ago. In the last decade, the trend has caught on, and facilities have opened up in worldwide.
Himalayan salt generates negative ions that work to dispel positive ions (EMF) that are present in the air. This can result in relief from allergies, easier breathing, soothed mind and nerves, ridding the body of toxins and aiding weight loss efforts. When combined with the far-Infrared heat of the sauna it may also help relieve pain and reduce stress levels.
Many people have used the salt sauna (Halotherapy) consistently to help relieve symptoms of the following:
- Chronic Obstructive Bronchitis
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Chronic Recurrent Bronchitis
- Smokers symptoms
- Acute Upper Airway Viral Infection
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Multi-Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome
Please keep in mind approximate number of treatments varies from person to person. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently to the treatment. The severity of one's individual ailment may also have an effect. As with all holistic treatments, there are other factors involved in maintaining health including diet, exercise and the environment among other things.
CONSULT YOUR DR BEFORE EMBARKING ON ANY HEALING PROTOCOLS